PDA

View Full Version : Card Renewel

dirtbucket
February 5th, 2009, 04:55 PM
When is the best time to renew your ommp card? Do you need to wait till it expires or can you do it before it expires. I dont want to let it lapse.

big stevo
February 5th, 2009, 04:56 PM
When is the best time to renew your ommp card? Do you need to wait till it expires or can you do it before it expires. I dont want to let it lapse.

Start the process before it expires, otherwise if it expires, it will cost you more monies....Like the song says, It's cheaper to keep her...

Sequoiacrone
February 5th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Call now and make an appointment about a month or two before it expires. Gives you some time if anything goes awry.

I send it in about 2 weeks before the expiration date. The renewal form signed by the doctor is good as long as it is within 90 days of expiration.

To make confirm this information is correct call the OMMP and verify please. 971-673-1234

Blessings
Sequoia

dirtbucket
February 5th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Wow, what a coincedence. I just got my renewal packet from DHS in the mail today. Three months before it expires. Those guys are on the ball. I think I will make an appt. soon since I am within the 90 days. Thanks for the advice folks!

Chetskies
February 5th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Wow, what a coincedence. I just got my renewal packet from DHS in the mail today. Three months before it expires. Those guys are on the ball. I think I will make an appt. soon since I am within the 90 days. Thanks for the advice folks!

But...if you are like me, you'll forget to go to the appt you made three months from now.:rolleyes: Much more fun to wait until the expiration date, and send in a letter requesting a 30 day extension. That way...you won't forget the second one, cause...if you make the appt to early, you are more likely to forget the second one too.:D:D:D

Murphy's law...in proportion to the amount of time available for the task...so shall yee take it...and then some.:rolleyes: err...someones law, even if it ain't Murphy's:cool:

Jazzypuff
February 12th, 2009, 11:19 AM
If you went through voter power to get the card, do you go back and make an appointment with them? Do you have to have a doctor sign papers every year or can you just pay? Thanks for the help.:confused:

Sequoiacrone
February 12th, 2009, 11:45 AM
The important thing is to NOT be covered and protected under the OMMA law.
Things happen and suddenly an appt could be canceled at the last minute, and you would be SOL. I had to write a letter for a 30 day extend, and I wrote it two days before the last 30 days my card was active, they wrote me back and said, I wrote it too early...and had to write it again, I was within 2 weeks of expiring and they finally sent me back a letter with the extension.
I had to procure a new physician to sign, even though the problem was cleared up at the other clinic quickly, I still went ahead with the new doc.

I made the new appt the day the screw up happened and my appt was booked within the new 30 day extend, but I felt I was lucky to get new clinic to accept me on such short notice.

GET on it now and call for your appt. YOU can wait to mail it in til about 2 weeks before you expire and it will be fine, just be sure to mail it certified, (get a sig) keep your receipt, and you will be legally covered.

Just remember SHIT happens and be prepared....YOU want to stay legal. Do not procrastinate.

Sequoia :wub_anim:

four19
March 8th, 2009, 05:32 AM
hi all, i'm the newbie, great to be here! i just wanted to mention you can file your paperwork at a building near the loyd center, lame me can't name it but if you can i'll be thankful, up on the second floor i believe is a small office where you can do your state of Oregon biz, you pay and get a receipt and that serves to protect you until state sends new cards to you. four19.

four19
March 9th, 2009, 09:12 PM
i don't know how to edit my own posts so i'll just do this....the address for the oregon state vital records office is: 800 NE Oregon st. up stairs, 2nd or 3rd floor, sorry.. there's vital records and right across is the small space set aside for OMMP biz, there was a sign to direct people when i was there last year. but may be slightly different setup now, probably not much though. once you file your paperwork and get a receipt your protected until your official government papers arrive.....four19