Grandma Moses Print. So romantic we felt like newlyweds again. I love
snow!

December 9: We woke to a beautiful blanket of crystal white snow
covering every inch of the landscape. What a fantastic sight! Can
there be a more lovely place in the Whole World? Moving here was the
best ideaI've ever had. Shoveled for the first time in years and felt like a
boy again. I did both our driveway and the sidewalks. This afternoon the
snow plow came along and covered up the sidewalks and closed in the
driveway, so I got to shovel again. What a perfect life.

December 12: The sun has melted all our lovely snow. Such adisappointment.
My neighbor tells me not to worry, we'll definitely havea white Christmas. No
snow on Christmas would be awful! Bob says we'll have so much snow by the
end of winter, that I'll never want to see snow again. I don't think that's possible.
Bob is such a nice man. I'm glad
he's our neighbor.

December 14: Snow, lovely snow! 8" last night. The temperature dropped to -20.
The cold makes everything sparkle so. The wind took my breath away, but I
warmed up by shoveling the driveway and sidewalks. This is the life! The snowplow
came back this afternoon and buried everything again. I didn't realize I would have
to do quite this much shoveling, but I'll certainly get back in shape this way. I wish I
wouldn't huff and puff so.

December 15: 20 inches forecast. Sold my van and bought a 4x4 Blazer.
Bought snow tires for the wife's car and 2 extra shovels. Stocked the freezer. The wife
wants a wood stove in case the electricity goes out. I think that's silly. We aren't in
Alaska, after all.

December 16: Ice storm this morning. Fell on my ass on the ice in the driveway putting
down salt. Hurt like hell. The wife laughed for an hour, which I think was very cruel.

December 17: Still way below freezing. Roads are too icy to go anywhere.
Electricity was off for 5 hours. I had to pile the blankets on to stay warm. Nothing to do
but stare at the wife and try not to irritate her. Guess I should've bought a wood stove,
but won't admit it to her. God
I hate it when she's right. I can't believe I'm freezing to death in my own living room.

December 20: Electricity's back on, but had another 14" of the damn stuff last night.
More shoveling. Took all day. Goddamn snowplow came by twice. Tried to find a
neighbor kid to shovel, but they said they're too busy playing hockey. I think they're lying.
Called the only hardware store around to see about buying a snow blower and they're out.
Might have another shipment in March. I think they're lying. Bob says I have to shovel or
the city will have it done and bill me. I think he's lying.

December 22: Bob was right about a white Christmas because 13 more inches of the white
shit fell today, and it's so cold it probably won't melt till August. Took me 45 minutes to get
all dressed up to go out to shovel and then I had to piss. By the time I got undressed, pissed
and dressed again. I was too tired to shovel. Tried to hire Bob who has a plow on his truck for
the rest of the winter; but he says he's too busy.
I think the asshole is lying.

December 23: Only 2" of snow today. And it warmed up to 0. The wife wanted me to decorate
the front of the house this morning. What is she...nuts??? Why didn't she tell me to do that a
month ago? She says she did but I think she's damn well lying.

December 24: 6". Snow packed so hard by snowplow, l broke the shovel. Thought I was having
a heart attack. If I ever catch the son of a bitch who drives that snowplow, I'll drag him through
the snow by his balls. I know he hides around the corner and waits for me to finish shoveling
and then he comes down the street at a 100 miles an hour and throws snow all over where I've
just been! Tonight the wife wanted me to sing Christmas carols with her and open our presents,
but I was busy watching for that goddamn snowplow.

December 25: Merry Christmas. 20 more inches of the !=3D@x@!x!x1 slop tonight. Snowed in. The idea of

shoveling makes my blood boil. God I hate the snow! Then the snowplow driver came by asking for a
donation and I hit him over the head with my shovel. The wife says I have a bad attitude. I think she's an idiot.
If I have to watch "It's a Wonderful Life" one more time, I'm going to kill her.

December 26: Still snowed in. Why the hell did I ever move here? It was all HER idea. She's really getting on my

nerves.

December 27: Temperature dropped to -30 and the pipes froze.

December 28: Warmed up to above -5. Still snowed in. THE BITCH is driving me crazy!!!

December 29: 10 more inches. Bob says I have to shovel the roof or it could cave in. That's the silliest thing I ever heard. How dumb does he think I am?

December 30: Roof caved in. The snow plow driver is suing me for a million dollars for the bump on his head.

The wife went home to her mother, nine inches predicted.

December 31: Set fire to what's left of the house. No more shoveling.

January 8: I feel so good. I just love those little white pills tthey keep giving me but why am I tied to the bed?

sunshine55
January 31st, 2008, 10:48 AM
ROFLMAO!! Thanks old Coot, I needed that!:thumbsup2::D:D:D:D:D

misstokie
January 31st, 2008, 11:54 AM
OMGosh...hahaha

med4me
February 3rd, 2008, 07:24 AM
So true, I wonder if they include these thoughts in your welcome to the gorge packet?? Should include it, and knock a few figures off the appraisal too.

ndeep
February 3rd, 2008, 08:14 AM
:crazy::wtf::bigemo_harabe_net-1WELCOME TO OREGON!!

oregonfan88
February 3rd, 2008, 09:48 AM
That is very true. I'm in Klamath Falls and the snow is crazy this year. 3 Feet.?.:mad: I do feel sorry for the snow plow driver though...lol

Earth Juice John Old Coote
February 3rd, 2008, 11:08 AM
What snow plow driver? a Shovel and a busted up back LOL Now Back to medicating:crazy:
old coot

sunshine55
February 3rd, 2008, 11:56 AM
What snow plow driver? a Shovel and a busted up back LOL Now Back to medicating:crazy:
old coot
Ahhhhhhhhh.........Works every time! :bong:

Patrick
February 3rd, 2008, 12:49 PM
The Best post I have read in a long time I am still laughen my a$$ off

med4me
February 6th, 2008, 10:23 AM
I am thinking of planting silk flowers in the snow around my house. At least a few tulips!
med4me

February 6th, 2008, 12:08 PM
It can stop any time NOW! More tonight they say
Old coot

ndeep
February 6th, 2008, 12:40 PM
It can stop any time NOW! More tonight they say
Old coot
I remember t-shirts that said "I survived the winter of '72" ...... this one just may need it's own shirt.......shit!! And still it snows....and snows.....etc etc.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

February 6th, 2008, 12:48 PM
:tokin2:
That's about all a person can do around here And watch it SNOW and SNOW and SNOW
Old coot

sunshine55
February 6th, 2008, 03:24 PM
We got 6 more inches of SNOW again last nite!:mellow: I plowed into the neighbors curb (soft blanket of snow) and had to have 2 ladies push me out!...Dang!!:o

ndeep
February 6th, 2008, 05:06 PM
We got 6 more inches of SNOW again last nite!:mellow: I plowed into the neighbors curb (soft blanket of snow) and had to have 2 ladies push me out!...Dang!!:o
Those danged curb'sll get ya every time (almost).....I finally just moved my car into the street last week, to have a straight shot !! :wacko:

becki
February 6th, 2008, 05:13 PM
I remember growing up in Hood River. During the 70's we really got more snow and cold then they do now (global warming, el nino, la nina???) ...

anyway, some of the best times were putting a fire on ... gnawing on some venison jerky ... watching the only 4 channels we could get on TV ...

and laughing at the "jerks" trying to climb our hill.

Especially amusing was when the tractor-trailers ended up in the irrigation ditch ...

Ahhh, I miss the old days
(okay, okay, so we didn't have much to do !! :o)

be well

b

ndeep
February 6th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Dang, wacko at work again, it wasn't the winter of 72...it was 71 (I think) :eek:

AlphaMale
February 7th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Natural occurrence IMO. Seems as though my parents generation had different wx extreme also.
I remember some especially hard winters when I was a kid, and I have seen pictures of winter up around Sumpter and in the Elkhorns and the Blues when my grandparents were young people and winter was a lot more harsh, or so it seemed. Yet they persevered, ran cattle, logged with horses, rode in sleighs to church and school. Slogged to the outhouse...sometimes it seems we don't know what harsh is...but some folks are finding out this winter.
We had a story in the local rag 'bout an old couple in Meacham just trying to get any agency to come and plow out the road up there. 270 plus inches of snow and they are in a cabin with narrow path dug thru to the generator shack and snow above the windows.
Now this morning, it was 45 degree when I awoke at 5:30.
Would have given all those sloggers a break anyway. Wouldn't freeze your whatever on the way out back.

best always,
AM

barone
February 7th, 2008, 11:39 PM
old coote i really needed a good laugh and my stomach still hurts, the kids would love some of it down here in town so you can send some our way..

if you really need some extra help i got a almost 15yr old boy who could use to make some xtra money i can rent to you

February 8th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Sand bags now All of that rain sure made the snow go fast Now just dealing with all of the water Neighbors yards is flooding into my place So it's just a mess around here Now.
Thanks for the offer I could of used the strong back and arms the other day
old coot john

Mediku-Bud
February 8th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Wind is the problem at my place right now. Tha last 2 nights have been scary a couple of times and I've been here for yrs. and I thought I'd seen some heavy winds before.
Once again I have a broken bedroom window, The stove pipe inside the house was blown apart, there's stuff out in the fields and driveway that are usually to heavy for the wind to move.
But the GREENHOUSE has takin it so far and that's a plus. Hope it dies down soon it's starting to get on my nerve's.

February 8th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Yeppers I hear ya DAMN! wind a blowin
New flower room went out last night talk about sweating bullets Though I did something wrong. Then the pwr came on a bit later. No it's just flickering
This WILL PASS SOON I HOPE
Old tired coot Yes I'm ready for SUMMMER

ndeep
February 8th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Summer sounds like a never never land :rolleyes: ....we've had all the above except for the flooding, melting a bit, but still ALOTTA snow........gettin' more grouchy as the days go by ;)

February 8th, 2008, 01:03 PM
I think they call it CABIN FEVER?
I call it frozen tundra gray
Grumpy OOOOOOOOOOOO Hell yes
Come on Summer Old Grumpy coot

LindaBud
February 22nd, 2008, 11:15 AM
Hi there you Eastern Oregoners. I used to live in LaGrande for a short spell out at the Hot Lake RV Park and I worked at the Heartland Real Estate Office. Beautiful country just gorgeous, but that wind is too much, wow, does it blow.

sunshine55
February 22nd, 2008, 11:41 AM
Hello LindaBud!:) Ya, it still blows like ah..ah... well, you remember!? We had some snow coming down earlier but just lots of overcast right now. Springs just around the corner,right? :pinkbunny: