PDA

View Full Version : HELLO

barone
November 3rd, 2007, 06:26 PM
ok i know i cant be the only OGFr from the gorge so all you other gorgers leave a post and lets see how many people we got out here..... :p:p

Mediku-Bud
November 4th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Since I've been a member here the Gorge people have been to say the least evasive. A lot of the people I know are older and set in there ways and really just don't like meeting new people.
I think The Dalles or Hood River would be useful for people traveling from Eastern Or. to Portland or vice versa. being right off the Interstate it would be great for clone exchange and so forth.
I also know there are people around here that could use help getting started on growing for themselves. I try to help were I can but something more organized would be cool.

barone
November 4th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Since I've been a member here the Gorge people have been to say the least evasive. A lot of the people I know are older and set in there ways and really just don't like meeting new people.
I think The Dalles or Hood River would be useful for people traveling from Eastern Or. to Portland or vice versa. being right off the Interstate it would be great for clone exchange and so forth.
I also know there are people around here that could use help getting started on growing for themselves. I try to help were I can but something more organized would be cool.

very true mediku we would be a great drop point or meeting place clone exchange meetings and so forth so this is a SHOUT OUT to u gorgers and lets see what we can get toghether:D

barone
November 8th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Well i still have only got one reply to hear from my fellow OGFs in the gorge... i would like to try and start to get meetings and so forth going in our area so MEDIKU if you of some freinds try and spread the word get it out there and actully anyone interested thats close to use and would be interested PM me

:spaceman::spaceman::spaceman::spaceman::spaceman: :spaceman:

kristi
November 8th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Maybe just make an announcement that you and the other OGFer will be at your favorite pizza place at a certian date and time and see who else might show up! If you build it they will come!

barone
November 8th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Maybe just make an announcement that you and the other OGFer will be at your favorite pizza place at a certian date and time and see who else might show up! If you build it they will come!

Great idea kristi thanks alot will see what we can do

kristi
November 8th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Great idea kristi thanks alot will see what we can do

Right on, and when you do you gotta put it out there with some fanfare, too so people will notice what you are doing and show up! :p

Earth Juice John Old Coote
November 9th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Barone
I'll let some medical card holders know out here in the gorge As some don't have computer access.

I've tried for a couple of years to have a meeting in Hood river But no luck I hope u have better luck

Also there is a new garden store out here when u get the place and time I will talk to them to see if we could post something there about the meeting

Since I've been a member here the Gorge people have been to say the least evasive. A lot of the people I know are older and set in there ways and really just don't like meeting new people. That is how I see it too

Ejj Old coot

AlphaMale
November 9th, 2007, 08:39 AM
In E.O., the first month, I made a regional classified buy in the Nickel (5 counties) and a local buy in two newspapers. The Nickel ad was placed as the very last ad, on the last page...lol. It appeared in two issues.
The local ad ran daily for the week prior to the mtng. I was given matching rate due to our non profit status...in other words, they matched what was purchased.
Total cost of about $60.00. My donation to the chapter. :noprob:

Since then, we have relied on free mention in the community events calendar of the local paper, plus in the "Briefly Column" (public service) the Thursday or Friday prior to the mtng.
I submitted to local radio, but they sited fear of FCC...(boneheads run the station). I would not hesitate to submit a notice to YOUR local radio...see what happens, they may be supportive and even take an interest.
Our chapter also has benefited from inclusion in VP clinics held in LaGrande.

Just so you know....at this point, the majority of folks who come to the meetings are not online members of OGF. We are adding more Verifried Members all the time though and the people who actually take the step to officially become an OGFer are the ones who will form the core of your group.
On behalf of OGF Eastern Oregon Chapter, we wish you guys the

very best,
AM :D and compadres

barone
November 9th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Barone
I'll let some medical card holders know out here in the gorge As some don't have computer access.

I've tried for a couple of years to have a meeting in Hood river But no luck I hope u have better luck

Also there is a new garden store out here when u get the place and time I will talk to them to see if we could post something there about the meeting
That is how I see it too

Ejj Old coot

If we can find somewhere in the middle or maybe do every other month from Hood River & The Dalles would work at this point im very open for suggetions
seen the new store last week and planned on stopping in today to check things out
Thanks again